Fraser Academy can help students struggling with reading, writing and/or math through our successful after-school program, Fraser Academy After 3.
The goal of this program is to have students reading, writing and doing math at age-appropriate levels—and even better, to have them begin to build the foundation they need to be lifelong, independent learners.
Fraser Academy After 3 is based on the proven Orton-Gillingham approach used to great success in our full-time day school.
Each student receives a one-hour, one-to-one session, at minimum two times per week after school with a fully trained OG tutor.
Tutorials run throughout the academic school year Monday through Thursday, starting at 4 pm, 5 pm and 6 pm, and cost $62 per session. There are two terms: September through January, and February through June.
Orton-Gillingham is the most proven method for teaching students with language-based learning disabilities such as dyslexia to read, write and spell at age-appropriate levels.
For more information, email or call Brooke Ellison at the Fraser Academy office at 604.736.5575 x 222.
Register now to get your preferred days and times:
- FA After 3 Registration Form Term 1: September to January PRINT or September to January PDF-FILLABLE
- FA After 3 Registration Form Term 2: February to June PRINT or February to June PDF-FILLABLE
- FA After 3 Registration Form Terms 1 & 2: September to June PRINT or September to June PDF-FILLABLE
fraser academy after three absence policy:
- If your child is unable to attend a tutoring session for any reason, a maximum of two sessions per term will be re-scheduled.
- If a student is sick, 4 hours notice is required to cancel a session, with 24 hours notice required to cancel a session otherwise. In the event that inadequate notice of cancellation is provided, the session is deemed to be forfeited.
- Term 1 will end on January 24, 2013, so that students will have a chance to make up sessions with tutors that they may have missed during the final week of January.